Mercurio Biotec Leadership TeamMercurio Biotec is a diverse team of experts working together to reduce diabetes-related amputations in the United States
Marvin J. Slepian, MD
- Professor of Medicine – Cardiology
- Professor and Associate Department Head – BioMedical Engineering
- McGuire Scholar, Eller College of Management
- Director, ACABI – Arizona Center for Accelerated BioMedical Innovation University of Arizona
- 25+ Year BioPharma Industry – National / Regional Director
- Wound Care, Oncology, CNS Product & Marketing Expertise
- Over 20 US & Foreign Patent Collateral Introductions
- Clinical Science & Research / FDA / Pharma Consultant
Milton Sanchez-Parodi, MD
President & Chief Medical Officer
- Cuban-born US-Citizen, Family & EMR Physician
- US-Cuban Relations at the Highest Levels for 40+ yrs.
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Family Medicine at Northeast Ohio Medical University.
Adrian S. Riega,
VP Medical Affairs
- Cuban-born US-Citizen, specializes in BioPharma Commercialization
- 9 Cycles of Major Biotech Product Development and Marketing
Luis M. Alcalde,
VP & General Counsel
- Cuban-born US-Citizen, Attorney, Foreign & Int’l Regulatory Affairs
- Advisor to Cuban Market & Investors
FULL TEAM BIOS
Carlton Anderson, PhD - Chief Executive Officer
Carlton Anderson has 25+ years of experience in the healthcare industry with multiple companies & across multiple positions of importance in commercial & medical operations. For the past 5 years he has owned his own consulting company, serving companies with expert consultation regarding sales/marketing, managed markets/reimbursement/contracting, Governmental Affairs, specialty distribution, & medical affairs. He has been involved with several start-up organizations & has been instrumental in successfully bringing over 20 US & foreign products through the clinical & regulatory development process in the US, including directly dealing with the FDA in pre & post IND/NDA/BLA meetings. Carlton has organized & led several humanitarian medical missions to foreign countries to deliver healthcare services & products to patients in need.
Milton Sanchez-Parodi, MD - President & Chief Medical Officer
Milton Sanchez-Parodi is a Cuban-born physician who has directed his own Family and Emergency Medicine practice since 1990 & is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Family Medicine at Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED). He has returned to Cuba over 20 times since 1985 and has brought multiple delegations to Cuba. His participation and experience in US-Cuba matters, dealing with both governmental and nongovernmental agencies, as well as groups active in US-Cuba relations, US Congress, Chamber of Commerce of both nations, local organizations and multiple issues affecting the relation between the two nations has enabled him to gain invaluable expertise in the complexities of bilateral relations.
Adrian S. Riega, BSN, MBA - VP Medical Affairs
Adrian Riega is a Cuban-born specialist in the marketing & commercialization of medical products & technology with commercial and government healthcare delivery systems, such as the Veterans Administration & Medicare reimbursement (CMS). He has 28 years of experience integrating technology into healthcare practice within university & community-based hospital systems through the US & has been an integral part of the successful development of 9 pharmaceutical & medical device products from the US & abroad. Adrian has also organized & led multiple university-based humanitarian medical missions to Central America from 1994 to 1997.
Luis M. Alcalde, JD, LLM - VP & General Counsel
Luis Alcalde is a Cuban born U.S. based attorney with over 35 years of U.S. and international business, litigation and regulatory experience. He has brought multiple U.S. delegations to Cuba over the past 16 years and also advised U.S., Brazilian and other foreign investors looking to invest in the Cuban market.